The blue pigment comes from a phytochemical called phycocyanin.
What are the benefits of Phycocyanin/Blue Spirulina?
Bright colours are a big indicator of high antioxidants and that is precisely what Phycocyanin is! Phycocyanin is a strong fighter against free radicals and preliminary research suggests that it may protect cells in the nervous system, liver, heart and kidneys.
Phycocyanin is known to also have an anti-inflammatory effect in certain conditions. Research relating to other potential health benefits suggest that spirulina may also help to modulate the immune system and reduce cataracts.
How is it different to Green Spirulina?
The biggest difference between Green and Blue Spirulina, aside from their radical colours, is the taste! Green Spirulina is a whole cell algae, so it tastes more than a smidge like… well… algae. Given that Blue Spirulina is an extract, the smell and flavour are much more neutral, making it easy to receive some of the benefits of spirulina without the fishy taste.
1. IMMUNE SYSTEM SUPPORT
2. IMPROVE WEIGHT LOSS POTENTIAL
3. PERFECT FOR VEGAN DIETS
4. NATURAL ENERGY FROM B VITAMINS
5. POTENT ANTIOXIDANT POTENTIAL
6. REDUCES INFLAMMATION
7. POSSIBLE ANTI-CANCER PROPERTIES
8. MAY REDUCE BLOOD PRESSURE
9. CAN HELP LOWER CHOLESTEROL
10. MAY HELP IMPROVE ALLERGY SYMPTOMS
Qty (1) 16oz Jar
Subscribe to get 15% off your orders and never have to worry about placing an order again.
- Perishable – Must Stay Refrigerated**
- Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
- Due to the nature of the item, refunds or exchanges are not permitted.